Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WordTheatre

I had the good fortune to attend WordTheatre last night at 7PM.  I came in unsure of what to expect.  I had never really sat down and listened to someone read an entire short story, and I was worried that it might be dry or boring.  As I sat down, that worry quickly dissolved and I realized that this would actually be quite a fun event!

The first story, Crash Diet by Jill McCorckle and performed by Cassidy Freeman was totally hilarious and captivating.  I had never experienced a short story this way before, and I found myself laughing and totally enjoying the performance!  I liked how one of the ladies who organized WordTheatre (I believe her name was Cedering Fox), said that we would get to see "movies in our head" tonight because that is exactly what it was like.

The second story was as equally entertaining.  Desirae Whalen did an excellent job, and while I did not enjoy this story as much as the first, I still found myself chuckling and remaining entertained.

Unfortunately, I was unable to stay the entire duration of the show and had to leave during intermission.  I was looking forward to hearing Intervention performed since we read that in class.  If the first two performances were any indication of the last, I'm sure Lesley Nicol's performance was equally grand.

I really enjoyed WordTheatre and I would definitely be interested in attending future events. :)

1 comment: